Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by DFog View Post
    I am guessing you haven't worked much on your case mod in the past couple of weeks. However you inspired me to do my own but I am currently stumped on how to power the screen off the Pi and wire the USB hub to the Pi. Any advice? Also keep the project going you look so far along, be a shame to never see the end of it.
    No, I've just been up the wall with other stuff and in particular other mods to do.
    I'll get back to it soon I hope after I try something different with my next Raspberry Pi that's coming next week.

hello and a fellow rpi gameboy builder

hi there.
    im also doing a rpi into a gameboy build.
    i am going to be removeing some parts from my pi to make it fit.
    i can post photos off all parts i intend on fitting minus a few parts i have not got them yet but they are only the wifi and dongle for keyboard.
    i also have a power salution as my screen wont run on 5 volt but i will be using a ajustable dc-dc boost convertor to gain the 7 volts needed to power the screen.
    i am then using the voltage regulator on the lcd to power the rpi.
    all this will run off a bank of 18650's in a 4p configoration to give me a total of 20000mah battery (4x5000mah 18650) but i belive they will be more like 5 to 10 amps

sorry about my bad english i am english but i am dyslexic so the theory kind of thinks are my weak side
    Last edited by dasimpson; 25-11-2012 at 16:26.

Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by dasimpson View Post
    hi there.
    im also doing a rpi into a gameboy build.
    i am going to be removeing some parts from my pi to make it fit.
    i can post photos off all parts i intend on fitting minus a few parts i have not got them yet but they are only the wifi and dongle for keyboard.
    i also have a power salution as my screen wont run on 5 volt but i will be using a ajustable dc-dc boost convertor to gain the 7 volts needed to power the screen.
    i am then using the voltage regulator on the lcd to power the rpi.
    all this will run off a bank of 18650's in a 4p configoration to give me a total of 20000mah battery (4x5000mah 18650) but i belive they will be more like 5 to 10 amps

sorry about my bad english i am english but i am dyslexic so the theory kind of thinks are my weak side
    You can create a new thread in this section (Repairs, Mods and Guides) with your Game Boy mod with pics etc.
    That way people will be able to find it easier. Plus it's better for troubleshooting if you have your own dedicated thread for your mod work.

Don't worry about the English at all, its fine.

my own build

yeah i waa thinking of doing a step by step thing for this will have the time soon to do this

are you going to use openelec or raspbmc for the media side ?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    Looks like that mini joypad I got will fit well into the controls area of the GB. And I should be able to re-use the original GB Dpad and buttons, which I'm glad about.

...if this joypad doesn't work out for you then you may be interested in a little project I have been working on:

http://www.element14.com/community/g...e-raspberry-pi

PS. Loving your project so far - would be great to see an update!

Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by uXe View Post
    ...if this joypad doesn't work out for you then you may be interested in a little project I have been working on:

http://www.element14.com/community/g...e-raspberry-pi

PS. Loving your project so far - would be great to see an update!
    I'll check out that link properly later, seems interesting.
    I don't really have much of an update on my own project as I've been working on some other mods and other stuff over the last while.

Time is running out on the project unfortunately. uXe needs approximately 95 more sponsors in ~ 37 hours to get his project underway.

Good luck uXe!

Retroman, looking at your posts in this thread. You originally talk about a 3.5" LCD display but then the images + video show a 2.5" display.

Is that a 2.5" LCD or a 3.5" LCD with the display resized somehow?

Got an idea to put a RPI into a Gameboy case, searched and found this thread - good work on it so far!

i belive he used a 3.5 inch screen and just resized the res to fit