Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Administrator Array

BerryCade - Raspberry Pi based frontend for MAME (MAME4ALL and AdvanceMAME)

This is a ready to go Raspberry Pi image(use Win32DiskImager to write it to a MicroSD card). Just get your roms, copy them over and it should work perfectly. All the preview videos and artwork is on the image.
    This is setup for the Raspberry Pi 2, if you have an older Pi read the info doc on what you need to disable to get it to boot/run.

You'll need MAME romset 0.37b5 for MAME4ALL and 0.106 for AdvanceMAME. No roms included in this build(apart from 4 or 5 freeware ones for testing).

Also, you'll need a 32GB or larger MicroSD card(class 10 or better if you want a smooth interface and fast boot). The preview vids, images and whatnot take up about 10GB on their own. Which just leaves enough room to copy over both romsets(less the massive CHD's that are in 0.106).

Size: 25.8GB rar file.

Registered members can access the private downloads location on this site. Perhaps there might be something there to help you get this up and running.

Last edited by RetromanIE; 24-02-2016 at 18:42.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RetromanIE For This Useful Post:

parkjjh (09-03-2016)

Administrator Array
    BerryCade v1.1 Update

-Modified advmame.rc to use scanlines(scan2horz)for all games(can be disabled directly in AdvanceMAME "Tab" menu if you don’t like them or are using this on a real CRT arcade monitor).
    -Set Vsync in advmame.rc to "no" as the default "yes" was causing screen tearing issues.
    -Enabled cheat.dat
    -Minor performance tweaks to advmenu.rc

How to update:
    1. SFTP to your Raspberry Pi.
    2. Copy the 2 .rc files contained in the v1.1 update zip file to "/home/pi/.advance" (if asked to overwrite, say yes).
    3. Reboot

BerryCade_v1.1_update.zip
    Last edited by RetromanIE; 25-02-2016 at 00:35.

Sweeet thanks

Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddhorse View Post
    Sweeet thanks
    No probs.

Administrator Array
    V1.2 coming in next week or so(I hope).

Added Megadrive/Genesis and Super Nintendo/Super Famicom menu.
    Preview videos are not working well on these for some reason(yet) so it may just be preview artwork in the menu.

berrycade image

Hello. Congratulations on your system, if you can help me thank you, I downloaded the file and formatted the berrycade SDFormatter MicroSD card sandisk class 10 with the software the option to adjust the size of the partition left marked yes and formatted program and created a partition 28.7gb more when sends record the image berrycade by win32disk he says q is not enough space .... gotta use another card brand? or 64gb card would only record? GratefulQUOTE=RetromanIE;65531]V1.2 coming in next week or so(I hope).

Preview videos are not working well on these for some reason(yet) so it may just be preview artwork in the menu.[/QUOTE]

Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by evertin View Post
    Hello. Congratulations on your system, if you can help me thank you, I downloaded the file and formatted the berrycade SDFormatter MicroSD card sandisk class 10 with the software the option to adjust the size of the partition left marked yes and formatted program and created a partition 28.7gb more when sends record the image berrycade by win32disk he says q is not enough space .... gotta use another card brand? or 64gb card would only record? GratefulQUOTE=RetromanIE;65531]V1.2 coming in next week or so(I hope).

Preview videos are not working well on these for some reason(yet) so it may just be preview artwork in the menu.
    [/QUOTE]

Not really sure what exactly you are mean? But you just need a 32GB card and win32diskimager and you should be able to load the image. You don't need to pre-format the card at all.

Hello, I tried to write the system in 2 card brands 32gb class 10, samsung and sandisk in both the software win32disk says there are no available space, the card partition has 28.7 GB more says he has no space could check?

Not really sure what exactly you are mean? But you just need a 32GB card and win32diskimager and you should be able to load the image. You don't need to pre-format the card at all.[/QUOTE]

BerryCade's image size does not fit a 32gb sdcard

Hello friends!
    I had the same problem. The 32 gb card I have does not have the necessary space to handle with this image.
    Probably we'll have to buy a 64 gb card to test this image

Tranks !

Quote Originally Posted by ziviani View Post
    Hello friends!
    I had the same problem. The 32 gb card I have does not have the necessary space to handle with this image.
    Probably we'll have to buy a 64 gb card to test this image