Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    I had a friend download the disc image for me so now I don't need the multi part files.
    I have tried to write the image to my 32gb microSD but it didn't fit?
    So I am now getting a 64gb microSD to give that a try.
    Bummer, doesn't seem to work for me either, I get the same issue as post #19.

Any ideas RetromanIE ?

Was there any tweaking that you did to get it working on a Pi 3?
    Last edited by thejudge; 03-05-2016 at 09:48.

Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Bummer, doesn't seem to work for me either, I get the same issue as post #19.
    Any ideas RetromanIE ?
    Was there any tweaking that you did to get it working on a Pi 3?
    Update..

I have been looking into this problem and after a bit of research I managed to get it going.
    After trying a lot of different things, I ended up just copying the kernel7.img & start.elf files from my retropie SD onto the Berrycade SD and it worked.

Now I just need to copy some ROMS on to see how it works. There are 2 roms already loaded but they don't seem to work?

Do you have any instructions on how to use BerryCade for setting up the FTP and how to change the menus etc like on your vid.?

I do have an FTP client that I used for Retropie but it isn't connecting for BerryCade. Maybe the IP address is different, but I thought that would be more at a hardware level and would be the same?

update ..

I found some instructions in the download area, I'll look at those and see how I go.

update ..

I have worked out that the wifi/wlan0 is not running/configured that is why I can't find the IP address. When I run ifconfig it only shows me eth0 & lo, not wlan0.
    I'm only new to the pi, how do I start/config the wifi/wlan0?
    Last edited by thejudge; 05-05-2016 at 11:24.

For those having issues running on the PI3 try either exiting Berrycade or SSH in and run a

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    Worked for me.

You will need to use a PI2 or PI shouldn't matter as long as it boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxcade View Post
    For those having issues running on the PI3 try either exiting Berrycade or SSH in and run a

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    Worked for me.

You will need to use a PI2 or PI shouldn't matter as long as it boots.
    Yeah will be handy, but i'm having issues getting the wifi part working so I can't connect to the internet and get the updates at the moment

Thanks for the tip

Administrator Array
    I’m still working on an update for this. But as can happen, other things are keeping me very busy at the moment.
    I hope to have the update finished and uploaded within the next 2 weeks or so. If not, then another 2 weeks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RetromanIE For This Useful Post:

ziviani (28-06-2016)

Question Berrycade's update

Quote Originally Posted by RetromanIE View Post
    I’m still working on an update for this. But as can happen, other things are keeping me very busy at the moment.
    I hope to have the update finished and uploaded within the next 2 weeks or so. If not, then another 2 weeks
    Hello RetromanIE!
    Have you already got some update in the berrycade's image available for us?

Best Regards!
    Ziviani

Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by ziviani View Post
    Hello RetromanIE!
    Have you already got some update in the berrycade's image available for us?

Best Regards!
    Ziviani
    I'm still working on it. A few users have access to a rough early version and are testing.
    I just don't have the time to get it fully finished at the moment.

How to start with BerryCade?

Hi there!
    I managed to set up a BerryCade on a raspi3. What are the first steps after I successfully can boot with the BerryCade SD card? Do I need to run some script to do some init stuff or do I just place the roms to the correct location? There are multiple directories names "roms" which one is the right one for me to put my roms in? Is there some documentation anywhere?

how to run berrycade the raspberry pi 3

Hello everyone I am new to the forum I would like to know how to run the system in berrycade raspberry pi 3 if anyone can help me doing a tutorial thank.
    Sorry if you guys do not understand very well what I am writing because I am from Brazil I speak very little English and I'm using google translator.
    Thank you.

Administrator Array
    I haven’t had time lately to update BerryCade so at the moment it is as it is. I know it works for me on the Pi 3, and others have made a few changes to the install to get it working for them. If you have a read through the thread there are some tips on getting it working there.

I do have a work in progress of the new version that works fully with the Pi 3, but it isn’t ready for the public yet as its quite messy.
    There are lots of emulation and MAME frontend out there for the Pi 3 so maybe try some of those if you don’t want to edit the default BerryCade install.

I’ll post an update once I eventually get this working and cleaned up.