Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator Array
    The image works on a couple of 32GB cards I have and others have downloaded and used it without issue.

Thank you so much for BerryCade. I bought my Raspberry Pi just to hook up to a Sony Trinitron tube TV with an arcade stick to play arcade games and this is an excellent frontend for it. I was having a hard time getting the RetroPie setup working with MAME4All before, but this is working way better and it's just what I need.

I only have one problem at this point - the volume. It's super quiet for some reason so I have to turn the TV volume way up, which produces a pretty loud hiss. I have the volume setting at 0db in BerryCade since there's no option to increase higher than that. I tried modifying the mame.cfg with a higher positive decibel rating, but that seemed to have no effect. Is there another way to fix this problem?

Do you know if this software image will work on the Pi 3?

Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by thejudge View Post
    Do you know if this software image will work on the Pi 3?
    Yes it runs fine on the Pi3, the interface is quicker to load and move around due to the extra power of the Pi 3.

I'm also working on an update to this image at the moment that will add more emulators and shrink the image down a bit to allow it on a 16GB card. I might also include the option to turn on some fancy filters for the emulators.
    But its slow going at the moment due to other things I'm working on. I'll post an update here as soon as its ready.

Quote Originally Posted by RetromanIE View Post
    Yes it runs fine on the Pi3, the interface is quicker to load and move around due to the extra power of the Pi 3.

I'm also working on an update to this image at the moment that will add more emulators and shrink the image down a bit to allow it on a 16GB card. I might also include the option to turn on some fancy filters for the emulators.
    But its slow going at the moment due to other things I'm working on. I'll post an update here as soon as its ready.
    I like the look of the video running mame it's just what i'm after, nice work. I have retropie already but I want to just run mame and I much prefer the look of your menus.

I have a slow connection so was wondering if it's possible to split the google drive file into small chunks or can you suggest a good download tool that resume when it times out? I am just trying to download at the moment for the third time

Administrator Array
    I like the look of the video running mame it's just what i'm after, nice work. I have retropie already but I want to just run mame and I much prefer the look of your menus.

I have a slow connection so was wondering if it's possible to split the google drive file into small chunks or can you suggest a good download tool that resume when it times out? I am just trying to download at the moment for the third time
    I will see about providing a split file to download and post the link here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RetromanIE For This Useful Post:

thejudge (02-05-2016)

I will see about providing a split file to download and post the link here.
    If you could that would be great, possibly 1gb parts?
    Thanks
    Last edited by thejudge; 21-04-2016 at 21:39.

The image works on a couple of 32GB cards I have and others have downloaded and used it without issue.
    I bought a 64gb micro sdcard to install Berrycade. It worked like a charm in my Raspberry Pi 2. Thanks RetromanIE

I have tried the image BerryCade_v1.0_24thFeb2015_no-roms.img in Raspberry Pi 3 whith 32 GB and 128 GB microSD cards and it doesn't work. Only apears a image whith a colours palette like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0596.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	1,016.6 KB 
ID:	391

I have tried deleting the below section in the file as this relates to RPi 2 only. But it doesn't work.
    ---------------------
    arm_freq=1000

sdram_freq=500

core_freq=500

over_voltage=2

temp_limit=80 #Will throttle to default clock speed if hit.

gpu_mem=320
    ---------------------

What is the problem?

Thanks
    Last edited by quietoparado; 30-04-2016 at 19:19.

If you could that would be great, possibly 1gb parts?
    Thanks
    I had a friend download the disc image for me so now I don't need the multi part files.
    I have tried to write the image to my 32gb microSD but it didn't fit?
    So I am now getting a 64gb microSD to give that a try.