Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    it would seem my betterys are not really holding what they say they do im going to have to do further testing

good job i have 8 li-ions from a dead laptop i scrapped will have to give them a try and double chech run times doh word of warning dont by 18650 from ebay you dont know what your getting

Excellent video, Gameboy looks amazing

thank you means alot first mod i have done to anything

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dasimpson For This Useful Post:

Bryn (04-02-2013)

Hi Dasimpson,

I'm trying this mod myself and I happen to have got myself the same screen as you.

Could you give me some advice on how much of the screen board I can cut to fit it into the gameboy case - currently got it vertical but is too close to the buttons for my liking

Thanks in advance!

the simpler option is this screen http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-...item2c6cf89bae

but if you really need the mod the one you have I will take a photo of mine or whats left of it I cracked the screen but still have the pcb I will try my best to explain what to do

if you could send me a full photo of the pcb I could draw a line for the cut and were the wires need to be joined but I do have to worn you you will loose the ability to control brightness etc
    Last edited by dasimpson; 06-03-2013 at 16:03.

also I had 2 diferent screens with diferent pcbs in this build so need to know which one you have

im waiting on the money to get a new Gameboy and screen been a bit careless and broke the screen the Gameboy case is looking to tatty now
    I have also removed the lan port on my pi and the lan chip to bring power down I kinda give up on the project as I could not shrink the front end down to make it veiwable

Quote Originally Posted by dasimpson View Post
    the simpler option is this screen http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-...item2c6cf89bae

but if you really need the mod the one you have I will take a photo of mine or whats left of it I cracked the screen but still have the pcb I will try my best to explain what to do

if you could send me a full photo of the pcb I could draw a line for the cut and were the wires need to be joined but I do have to worn you you will loose the ability to control brightness etc
    Thanks mate, looking at that other screen i might just leave this one in tact and buy the simpler one - this is my first attempt and think might be wise to make it as simple as possible

Least I can then use the first screen for something else - got a couple of gamegears spare...

sounds a good idea if I decide to finish the mod ill be using the other screen I have scene it used in a Gameboy mod but forgot were