Administrator Array

Classic platforming missing in modern MMOs? - GameDev.net

Classic platforming missing in modern MMOs?
    GameDev.net
    I remember back when I got the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time on my n64 that I actually enjoyed dungeons for the multiple puzzles they had. Is it me, or is there a distinct lack of these sort of puzzles in MMOs? The technology has been here for a ...

More...

I really need to stop replying to autonews...but theres a few quests in World of Warcraft that basically play out like a 3d version of joust, you even get a reward of a pet which is a tiny knight doll on a flying ostrich like bird.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=65662
    Last edited by DeadZoo; 15-06-2011 at 16:29.

Moderator Array
    Speaking of WOW, anyone ever buy gold from one of those websites for use in-game?

You buy it online and then you meet some character in a back alley style transaction in the game.
    Very dodgy looking but a bit of a laugh.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    Speaking of WOW, anyone ever buy gold from one of those websites for use in-game?

You buy it online and then you meet some character in a back alley style transaction in the game.
    Very dodgy looking but a bit of a laugh.
    I was always too paranoid of getting banned and losing all the time put into my char. Wow was the first mmo i played, got it on release day too and spent the next couple of years addicted to it and addicting some friends (who's partners never forgave me for). Thankfully RL took over and I gave up after Lich King, feck all time for it these days. Tempted by Guild Wars 2 though.