Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyperspin Setup

Administrator Array

Hyperspin Setup

Just a quick vid of my current hyperspin work in progress.

Member Array
    Looks really nice

Me Likey , How big is your full Hyperspin setup including all the games/previews etc.
    Been wanting to do something like this but the downloads are huge for the preview vids for all the systems.

Member Array
    Lovely comprehensive setup there!

One thing I've wondered regarding the non-Mame games. How do you handle save games? Do you just access the specific emulator save state functions via mouse and keyboard before exiting, or do you bother with it at all? Cheers.

Administrator Array
    Quote Originally Posted by usagi View Post
    Lovely comprehensive setup there!

One thing I've wondered regarding the non-Mame games. How do you handle save games? Do you just access the specific emulator save state functions via mouse and keyboard before exiting, or do you bother with it at all? Cheers.
    First you have to setup the save games in the emulator outside of Hyperspin. So for the PS1 for example you have to setup a virtual memory card or 2 and have them connected and they will work perfectly in hyperspin.

What you want to do is setup all the emulators outside of hyperspin and make sure the save function is working in them before you even look at hyperspin.
    It's really easy as nearly every emulator has a good save function built in.

So in an ideal setup you dont need to use a keyb and mouse.

If you want to use an emulators "save state" function (as in save the game so you can load from any point in any game, not just where the game allows) then you can setup a hotkey or something like that. Again its very easy to do.

Member Array

Cheers for that. Shows you how much I know about emulators so, I thought the save state func was the only way to save. Been a looooong time since I've used them.

Administrator Array
    Cheers for that. Shows you how much I know about emulators so, I thought the save state func was the only way to save. Been a looooong time since I've used them.
    No probs

Also, the handy thing about most emulator saves is that they usually save to a file with the same name as the game your playing, so you can back them up or send them on to someone else.

Or you can cheat and download one from a website

Member Array
    Excellent! Along with Mame I plan to setup a small number of console/computer games on the cab but only as long as there was an easy way to save.

Another question if you don't mind, I remember you saying previously that there is some cool scripting features with HS - one example was mounting an ISO with daemon tools to play PC games or calling an exe to run? I was thinking about getting SFIV for PC (or SSFIV if it comes out), installing it and seeing if it would run through HS (not sure if that specific game runs without a disk in the drive). Possible do you think?

Administrator Array
    Excellent! Along with Mame I plan to setup a small number of console/computer games on the cab but only as long as there was an easy way to save.

Another question if you don't mind, I remember you saying previously that there is some cool scripting features with HS - one example was mounting an ISO with daemon tools to play PC games or calling an exe to run? I was thinking about getting SFIV for PC (or SSFIV if it comes out), installing it and seeing if it would run through HS (not sure if that specific game runs without a disk in the drive). Possible do you think?
    I have SFIV running on my Hyperspin with no problems at all. I don't use the disc and have the whole thing running off the hard drive. I patched the main .exe file that runs the game to play without needing the dvd present in the drive.
    So you don't need to use Daemon tools at all if your running the game from the hard drive and it just works, no messing around, which is what you want if its running on your cab.
    I also have a nice (I think so anyway) theme for SFIV that looks good but isnt to flashy, but is a bit flashy

Member Array
    I'm trying to get hyperspin working at the moment myself.

I have MAME running ok but I think I'll definitely get some more emulators running on it as they look class in the video