PDA

View Full Version : MAME Games List - The best of the best, and then the rest.

RetromanIE
05-02-2012, 01:13

Lets create a list of the best,worst,most weird or whatever games in MAME.

Post your favourite game or just a weird one you came across while playing.

You can safely post them here:
http://piratepad.net/jIJoy0svtt

And I'll move them across to a shared Google Doc as the list grows:
http://bit.ly/mame-list

If you have the original PCB and the game is great and also in MAME, then post it so those of use without it can sample its greatness and maybe decide to buy the real deal.

Hopefully we can create a really nice list of the weird and wonderful.

Vector
05-02-2012, 01:25
Good idea.

Maybe get the boardsies involved as well?

gwkels
05-02-2012, 01:33
I used to have a really nice mame collection but with all the updates over the years my roms no longer match the mame revision properly so loads of games dont work at all:msp_sad:

RetromanIE
05-02-2012, 02:36
I used to have a really nice mame collection but with all the updates over the years my roms no longer match the mame revision properly so loads of games dont work at all:msp_sad:

Send me a PM if you need access to the ftp server. I have the latest romset there if you want to grab a few bits and pieces. If you want the whole thing work away but its probably easier for you to just torrent it. I can sort you out with links to a few decent places.

gwkels
05-02-2012, 05:39
Send me a PM if you need access to the ftp server. I have the latest romset there if you want to grab a few bits and pieces. If you want the whole thing work away but its probably easier for you to just torrent it. I can sort you out with links to a few decent places.

Pm sent :msp_smile:

brianon
08-02-2012, 09:44
Well my absolute favourite arcade game of ALL time is ... Twin Cobra.

RetromanIE
08-02-2012, 12:41

You inspired me to play it for the first time in ages. It wouldn't be my personal favourite but its definitely good.

gwkels
08-02-2012, 19:04

brilliant game

brianon
15-02-2012, 10:17
I still play it even now. Legend of Hero Tonma was a favourite of mine also.

I played allot of Pacman last year. Got 800k+ (but that took blood sweat and tears).

Another game I used to play but can't for the life of me remember the name... pre 1990. 2d side scroller (that narrows it down :)). It had a fantasy theme. Magic, not guns. NOT Ghouls n Ghosts :D